USB c micro Lopo battery charger

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Itsjstme77

USB c micro Lopo battery charger

Post by Itsjstme77 »

I bought those than it was my understanding that it was the battery charger and it gave two different voltage output which would’ve been the 5 V and then 3.7. V And when I go to hook it up then I can’t get the 5 V to work unless it’s plugged in and I can’t get the 37 to work if it is plugged in though and then that other D+ in the D negative it gives nothing out there is no power coming out of the thoseOh I don’t know if the board I messed up I ordered 10 of them I ordered some momentary switches which I can’t get to work either I hope to hear from you soon thanks

adafruit_support_bill

Re: USB c micro Lopo battery charger

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I bought those than it was my understanding that it was the battery charger and it gave two different voltage
It is not a voltage cnverter. It is just a battery charger. It takes 5v input from the USB and uses that to charge the battery.
I can’t get the 5 V to work unless it’s plugged in
Correct. Unless it is plugged into USB, there is no 5v input.
and I can’t get the 37 to work if it is plugged in
Do you have a LiPo connected? There will be no battery output without a charged battery.

Itsjstme77

Post by Itsjstme77 »

Ok so what do I need to be able to charge a battery and run two momentary switch of of different different voltage’s I want one ran off of 2.5 and the other off of 5 v dc???

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

How much current do you need at those two voltages?
To get 5v from a 3.7v LiPo you can use a boost converter like one of the PowerBoost boards: https://www.adafruit.com/?q=powerboost&sort=BestMatch
To get 2.5v, you could use a buck converter (most efficient option) or a linear regulator. We do not stock any 2.5v versions of those, but you could find them at Mouser or DigiKey.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”