TPL5111 does not work with Feather HUZZAH ESP8266

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jsada

TPL5111 does not work with Feather HUZZAH ESP8266

Post by jsada »

When the ENABLE is triggered by the 5111, the OUTPUT pins on the Huzzah go HIGH for a moment before the system even reaches the SETUP code. So this turns off the HUZZAH immediately on triggering the ENABLE. I've tried putting in a cap and resistor between the OUTPUT pin and the DONE pin on the 5111 but that doesn't work either.
Suggestions? I've tried the 5111 and 5110 and both suffer from the same issue.

jsada

Re: TPL5111 does not work with Feather HUZZAH ESP8266

Post by jsada »

As a note, I implemented this EXACT schematic and it does NOT work. https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tpl ... kout/usage

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Are you running the example code in the tutorial and have the pot turned to the right? What value is the pot set at?

jsada

Post by jsada »

I have run the code. I have also removed all the neopixel lines and run JUST the timer code. I have tried with the pot in various positions. None of it matters. As soon as the Huzzah starts, it puts the output pins high, which turns off the TPL5111 even before it gets a chance to set the pin to LOW in the setup() function.

jsada

Post by jsada »

If I unhook the DONE pin and hit the enable button, then wait until SETUP() is done and reattach the DONE pin, then everything works fine. So it is entirely that the Feather puts the pins HIGH before hitting SETUP(). Can anything be done about this?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”