Defect soils ensor?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lapino89

Defect soils ensor?

Post by lapino89 »

Hi, i´ve been troubleshooting for some time now and can now say 100% I got a defective soil sensor. Bough 4 sensors and could not by the life of me get the first test setup to get me any readings. Been through every step checking older seesaw firmwares, changed arduino cards, checked connection and that the sensor got the correct voltage etc. Used the example code from your library for first test when not getting it to work.

Found this on the forum: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=190690&p=922628&hi ... nd#p922628

And used the I2C scanner as shown under and it did not find anything before changing the sensor to one of the others I bought. Tried on multiple boards with no luck, 1 was faulty and 3 working.

Anything else I could do? looks like the answer on the older forum was that it was probably defect.

best
Eirik
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2022-07-06 kl. 12.15.05.png
Skjermbilde 2022-07-06 kl. 12.15.05.png (17.03 KiB) Viewed 142 times

dastels

Re: Defect soils ensor?

Post by dastels »

All 4 were tested in identical circumstances (cable, connection, etc)?

Dave

lapino89

Post by lapino89 »

Yes, first i thought i Was doing something wrong with libraries or having communication problem. When I then got the second one to work, I tested all of them with that exact setup. And did extra test on the one that did not connect to be sure. Both running program and scan several times, measuring that it did get 5V and had contact through pins

dastels

Post by dastels »

Just to confirm, it's this product: https://www.adafruit.com/product/4026.

Dave

lapino89

Post by lapino89 »

Yes, correct. Bought them from digikey. Later Found out that there is a local dealer in Oslo.

It Was the i2c that made me think I Was doing something wrong. But only followed instructions from your site so could not understand Why it Was not working untill I read on the forum and opened all of them to test all.

dastels

Post by dastels »

OK. You need to go to Digikey for a replacement. If it had been directly from Adafruit I'd authorize a replacement. Feel free to show them this thread to support your claim.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”