Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

I need the netlist for the Bedazzler round LED plate
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

I need the netlist for the Bedazzler round LED plate

by krishals on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:01 pm

I need the netlist for the Bedazzler round LED plate. It is necessary to get a quote from a PCB board manufacturer and to produce the round LED plate. I cannot find it on your website. Thanks.
krishals

Re: I need the netlist for the Bedazzler round LED plate

by chankster on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Everything you need should be here:

http://ladyada.net/make/bedazzler/
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?

chankster

by krishals on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:37 pm

I just looked again and did not see the netlist. I looked all over that page before that you just posted the link to. I have no way of verifying because I do not own Eagle CAD, but I do not believe the either of the Eagle CAD files are the netlist.
krishals

by westfw on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:34 pm

1) A "netlist" is probably not what a PCB manufacturer needs.
2) If it were, it could be exported from the EAGLE schematic (FILE/EXPORT/NETLIST)
3) Although I too feel a certain frustration at "open source" designs that use CAD tools that I don't have and can't afford, I don't think that it is the OSH provider's responsibility to provide every possible permutation of design files. In this case, the necessary software can be obtained for free...

westfw

by krishals on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:24 am

A netlist is a series of instructions that a PCB board manufacturer uses when they make the PCB board. It tells them what to put on the board. Obviously without this they cannot create the PCB board, because they don't know what to put on the board. Adafruit said on the page for the Bedazzler that you can go to your favorite PCB board manufacturer and get the round LCD plate made, but I can't without the netlist.
krishals

by pstemari on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:47 am

Are you paying the fab house to do the layout? Ordinarily they want the gerbers for the photo layers and a drill file for the holes. Netlist can be used to electrically test the board after manufacture, but that's about it.

At any rate, Eagle is a free download for non-commerical use, and once you open the files with Eagle you can generate all of the above to your heart's content.
--Paul

A wholly owned subsidiary of:
Persephone: DL R+W+B C 7 X L W C++ I++ T+ A E H++ S+ V-- F+ Q P B PA+ PL
Aldebaran: DM Rt H 5 Y L- W+ C+ I++ T++ A+++ E H++ S+ V+ F++ Q+ P B++ PA- PL--
pstemari

by krishals on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:47 am

Eagle is a free download for non-commercial use, but only the freeware version. As it states on their website "The useable board area is limited to 100 x 80 mm (4 x 3.2 inches)." The LCD plate for the bedazzler has a 6 inch diameter, but nonetheless, I will download the freeware version and try it.
krishals

by westfw on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:14 am

Eagle is a free download for non-commercial use, but only the freeware version. As it states on their website "The useable board area is limited to 100 x 80 mm (4 x 3.2 inches)."

You can only CREATE boards up to 100x80mm with the freeware version, but you can view, print, export, generate gerbers for, and etc, any size board that someone with the pro version has created. You just won't be able to move any of the components outside the freeware area. (Cadsoft is very reasonable that way...)

westfw

by krishals on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks to all of you for the help. I tried the PCB quote button from within the EAGLE CAD application with the schematic file open. I got a quote back from Pentalogix. I wish there was a way to verify what Pentalogix will produce from the information sent to them by the Eagle CAD app. The specs looked right, but at $95 per board with a necessity to buy 4 boards ($380 total) I'd like to know it will be right.
krishals

by Freestyle on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi everyone, I am also interested in building this project. Has any of you successful with getting the LED plate fabricated with what was provided in the Bedazzler documentations? and what was the final price.
Thank you guys for the support and I am very pleased with the questions and answers in this forums.
Freestyle

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.