MicroGPIO: A GPIO Expander for Microtouch

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
hjohnson

MicroGPIO: A GPIO Expander for Microtouch

Post by hjohnson »

Hello all,

Just finished beta version 1 of a General Purpose In/Out daughterboard for the Microtouch, and thought that people might want to see it. I decided to utilize the MicroSD card slot to run SPI data to a second atmel processor (an Attiny2313), and handle the in/out there. Current demo is a Microtouch Application with 6 buttons that turn on and off LEDs. Pretty basic, but a start, and I will post all the code/schematics under some creative commons license soon, to make it OSHW-compliant. Video and more description here: http://hjohnson.posterous.com

Constructive criticism is welcomed, thanks!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: MicroGPIO: A GPIO Expander for Microtouch

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Nice work! :D

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

awesome! x2

hjohnson

Post by hjohnson »

Thank you to both! I'm going to keep developing it, adding the other pins and other commands (maybe UART capability as well). If it comes out that Rossum has been developing a new version with those capabilities, though... well to be honest I'll be happy. I'm sure that as the original designer he has a far cleaner way of making it than I.

mtbf0

Post by mtbf0 »

cool. i was thinking of doing this myself or, (more likely), just using a sparkfun sd sniffer. what's a good thickness for the pcb material to fit the sd socket?

hjohnson

Post by hjohnson »

I'm actually currently using a microSD sniffer, but the one annoying thing is that it is big enough it covers the mini USB port, hence my board design that keeps it all off to the side. According to Sparkfun's board files, anything <.75mm thick works.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”