Atmega32u4 Breakout Board Leonardo blink

Breakout boards, sensors, Drawdio, Game of Life, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
olfen

Atmega32u4 Breakout Board Leonardo blink

Post by olfen »

Does the LED onboard the Atmega32u4 Breakout Board Leonardo run the Basics->blink example from the Arduino 1.0-rc2 software.

I bought the LED belt kit and after hours and hours of trying to get the driver working on my Windows 7 64-bit systems I see from the forums that the environment is basically non-functional to try and install the drivers in so i borrowed a friends MacBook so I could load the sketch onto the board. Everything seems to work well from the software perspective. The device shows up as a serial port /dev/tty.usbmodem1d11, it compiles the sketch and I receive a Done uploading message from the software, all of which looks fine according to the Arduino software instructions, but the LED just stays on. Started down this path since I couldn't get the LED strip to blink/turn on/anything and after double checking the wiring, etc..., thought I'd start error checking with the board which immediately seems to be a problem. Any advice?

adafruit

Re: Atmega32u4 Breakout Board Leonardo blink

Post by adafruit »

the LED is on pin 7

mauimacman

Re: Atmega32u4 Breakout Board Leonardo blink

Post by mauimacman »

Thanks for letting me know about the LED for Blink Test is on pin 7 not 13! YEAH! blinking!!! Also, I just read and proved that you can use the BOARD= LEONARDO when programming the ATMega32U4 Breakout Board by Adafruit.com. Maybe know this will help someone else? It took me long enough to find the reference! Thanks! Also, you may need to press the reset button, just before trying to upload your code from the computer. I didn't think I did that when coding for the Belt Kit the breakout board came with, but after having problems, it now seems the breakout board requires a press of the reset before programming? Can anyone confirm if this is mandatory or are there situations where the program will take, without the button press (or maybe I screwed up the board somehow?)?

Peter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”