Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

BMP085 Library Accuracy and Noise
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

BMP085 Library Accuracy and Noise

by moghtada on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi There,

I'm not very proficient with the C language, so I was wondering. I purchased the BMP085 a while ago and have been tinkering with it since. For the application that I need it for (Aviation), I need it to be very precise and I need to be able to eliminate the random fluctuations (noise). I know there are four different oversampling modes for the BMP085, with different precisions, so I was wondering if The library for the BMP085 on adafruit is returning the most accurate oversampling mode? and if anyone knows how I can filter out the noise?

Thanks in advance!

moghtada

Re: BMP085 Library Accuracy and Noise

by adafruit on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:25 pm

it uses the highest oversampling mode

adafruit

by moghtada on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Thanks!

Any idea on how to reduce the noise?

moghtada

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:53 pm

To reduce noise, you can take the average of several readings.

adafruit_support_bill

by Spiney on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Can anyone tell me please what accuracy I can expect from the BMP085? Does anyone know the nature and cause of the "noise"?
Watching mine, using the LCD shield, the output varies continuously by about 0.2 to 0.3 millibars, almost every reading being different.
Noticing that it was a bit breezy outside I put the Arduino and sensor under a glass bowl and sealed the cable entry at the edge of the bench with blutack.
It did not seem to make any difference.
I note that one millimeter of head-of-water equates to 0.0981mbar; I have seen the water in the WC vary a little in depth in very windy conditions but I doubt it ever exceeds about 3mm or about 0.29mbar. Today there is no perceptible level change in WC water! :-) So it is most likely electronic noise?

So I tried using a battery supply. No perceptible difference. Tried it in the garden- seemed worse.
Is mine faulty?
Spiney

by thecatsandi on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:28 pm

The Bosch documentation i state it is for consumer use only. Not for life dependent operations.
Michelle
Sarah, Snowball my furry little kids.
I'd rather send my money to Mexico it keeps them there!

thecatsandi

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.