Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Can't download Thermal Printer Library
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Can't download Thermal Printer Library

by gwlinn on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:57 am

Purchased the mini thermal printer from Adafruit. Read the tutorial and clicked on the link to GitHub to download librarys. Link took me to GitHub and thermal printer area as expected. Clicked on "Zip" checkbox in upper left corner. An Explorer box poped up with the options: "OPEN", "SAVE", "SAVE AS". Selcected "SAVE AS" and pointed to a mini thermal printer folder on my desktop. An Explorer box at the bottom of the screen then opened and said "master couldn't be downloaded".

What am I doing wrong? No trouble downloading anything before. Running W7 with IE version 9. Thanks, Gary

gwlinn

Re: Can't download Thermal Printer Library

by adafruit_support_bill on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:24 am

Interesting. You are the second person to report problems with IE-9 and Github. Try Firefox. It worked for this person: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32944

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Can't download Thermal Printer Library

by gwlinn on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Thanks for your quick reponse. Loaded Firefox and tried downloading again and this worked! Haven't done anything with the files yet but the text files are readable so I'm assuming the rest will work when I get going. Switching back to IE as don't need any more things to learn and debug. Gary

gwlinn

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.