Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Viewing angle of TTL Serial JPEG Camera?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Viewing angle of TTL Serial JPEG Camera?

by emik on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Hello,
I see in the specs of the TTL Serial JPEG Camera with NTSC Video (ID: 397) (https://www.adafruit.com/products/397) that the viewing angle is 120 degrees. If it is placed in a corner of a rectangular room will both adjacent walls be shown? I would assume so, since the viewing angle is greater than 90 degrees, but I purchased an IP camera that promised a viewing angle >90 degrees but when put in a corner it only shows part of a room. Can someone with one of these working advise and perhaps post an sample photo when the unit is facing into a room from a corner?
Thank you,
Erik

emik

Re: Viewing angle of TTL Serial JPEG Camera?

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:06 am

The 'viewing angle' is typically measured on the diagonal like a TV. So the actual angle of view for a normally oriented camera is somewhat less. In some preliminary tests on my bench here, it looks like the TTL Serial JPEG camera takes in less than 90 degrees side-to-side. I can do some more precise measurements later today.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Viewing angle of TTL Serial JPEG Camera?

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Update: I did some more careful measurements and get just about 60 degrees side-side, and 72 measured on the diagonal. We've updated our product descriptions accordingly.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.