Use the nRF8001 with classic bluetooth or bluetooth high spe

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rob4412

Use the nRF8001 with classic bluetooth or bluetooth high spe

Post by rob4412 »

Hey all,

I am currently working on a project which requires a lot of data to be sent over my nRF8001. I currently have it using the sample code provided on the site in the tutorial section that comes with the part. The issue is the code provided is using the low energy standard and this standard only lets you send 20 bytes per message. I know that i could send my message in 20 byte packages, but I would rather be able to send the data in a more efficient manner. From what I understand, and I could be totally wrong, the nRF8001 can use the classic and high speed standards. If this is correct, I would love it if someone could help me out!

Thanks!

adafruit2

Re: Use the nRF8001 with classic bluetooth or bluetooth high

Post by adafruit2 »

nrf8001 is BLE only, does not do classic, 20 bytes per packet is the max packet size. its called low energy for a reason ;)

ppanagas

Re: Use the nRF8001 with classic bluetooth or bluetooth high

Post by ppanagas »

Greetings,

Perhaps dated: This module (nRF8001) is limited the 20-byte packet 1 time every 35ms. Attempts to run at <35ms result in data corruption. Thus the max data rate on this module is less than 4800 baud (4571bits/sec) (circa-1992?).

https://punchthrough.com/blog/posts/max ... nd-android

10's of k-byte/s possible on BTLE 4. Did we ever address the nRF8001 module to run a bit faster? If not, is there an adaFruit replacement solution offering more bandwidth?

Cheers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”