Netv DOA

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sniedetzki

Netv DOA

Post by sniedetzki »

Customer: Shawn Niedetzki
Order Number: 929070-4290464311

My Netv seems to be DOA. I assembled per instructions and connected a Directv receiver to the "hd video in" and my tv to the "hd video out", powered it up using the supplied adapter and USB cable and nothing happens.

I tried power cycling it numerous times, but my tv complains there is no signal.
I then moved it to another TV and tried powering it from a USB port on the TV which is labeled as being able to support 1A @ 5v. The TV immediately notified me there was an overload on the USB port, which tells me the Netv is pulling way more than specified.

I then put my hand on the Netv case and noticed there was a large amount of heat radiating from it, more than felt normal.
I removed the case and plugged it back in and noticed the BPGA chip is getting extremely warm, so warm it would burn you to the touch.

In addition to this I also tried connecting the Netv to my computer (Linux) via the USB cable.
The OS was not recognizing anything being attached, I was expecting it to detect a USB device so that I could SSH to it as per the documentation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Netv DOA

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a refund.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”