Talking d20 doen't roll

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_mike

Re: Talking d20 doen't roll

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Ah, I see what you mean.

That still sounds like a hardware problem.. the code for the d20 doesn't light the pin 13 LED anywhere but setup(), and then only for two things: setting up the Serial connection to the FX Board, and initializing the accelerometer.

How are you simulating a drop?

gentrybr

Post by gentrybr »

i just lower it quickly in my hand, but i have also tried actually rolling it, etc. I am happy to consider it a hardware issue - certainly i could have done something wrong - but we had a separate group do this same project and they are seeing the exact same behavior, so we thought maybe it was something that had changed about the underlying libs over the years (we came to this project late!). I guess we could have both done the same thing wrong, im just not sure what that might be.

adafruit_support_mike

My first guess would be the power connection. If that can shift in a way that interrupts the connection, it would force the Pro Trinket to reboot.

It might also be related to the battery.. what are you using there?

gentrybr

Post by gentrybr »

I am using the 3.7v LiPoly battery that was recommended with the project. I will pull it apart and double check the connections to make sure they line up with the project images/guidance. I can move the die around, shake it, etc and there is no inturruption of power that i can see.

Do you have one of these that has been comipled against the latest versions of the libraries and using the latest Arduino Studio? I have seen in other projects where changes in the libs has caused issues. While i am checking out hardware, is there a way to check the software?

adafruit_support_mike

I don't personally, but I'll check with the project's developer.

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Think it's fixed. Please download the latest from Github and see if that works.

It would appear that something changed along the way (not sure when) in the Arduino interrupt-handling code that it no longer accepts a NULL ISR pointer. Fix was to add an empty ISR function.

gentrybr

Post by gentrybr »

That fixed it! Thank you very much! Updating to the new software took care of the problem.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”