PN532 breakout board acting as target problem!!

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
samu1889

PN532 breakout board acting as target problem!!

Post by samu1889 »

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to get the PN532 breakout board v1.6 behave as a nfc target. From PN532 user manual, to achieve this it is necessary to send from host controller the TgInitAsTarget command. After sending this command the PN532 goes automatically to power down mode. Then, when an initiator enters the PN532 RF range it will wake up, asserting down the IRQ line to indicate it.

I'm using a PIC32 microcontroller as host controller and communicate with PN532 via I2C, frames formatted according the manual. When I send the TgInitAsTarget command, I receive an ACK frame from PN532 so I understand the module has received the command propertly and gone to power down mode. However, when i approach a smartphone (initiator), no IQR low level nor TgInitAsTarget response is received,

I've tested it with a raspberry pi and libnfc acting as host controller, using the examples nfc-emulate-tag and nfc-dep-target, which are supposed to do exactly what i want to achive. In this case the IRQ low level is received when approaching the smartphone, meaning the PN532 emulating an nfc tag has been waked up and configured as target.

As i cannot use libnfc or Adafruit arduino library for PN532 with my host controller (PIC32), i need to do the steps to configure PN532 as target "manually". I wonder if i'm missing any previous step before sending TgInitAsTarget, the user manual is not really clear.

Can anyone help?Thank you very much.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”