Trinket 5V not being recognizing by computer
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Trinket 5V not being recognizing by computer

by gerbstralko on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to build a trinket project and having trouble getting the blink project to upload onto my trinket. When I plug it in (via USB), I don't see that the operating system is recognizing it. I tried on both OS X and an older Linux laptop. When resetting the trinket (either pushing the reset board or unplug and plug in the cable) the red led just blinks indefinitely. So I'm wondering if its stuck in a loop or do I need to do something to unbrick or fix this board so it can get discovered.

I did try to upload the blink sketch via the IDE even though the OS doesn't see it and I'm getting the dreaded:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
avrdude: Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)

I did search on the internet for this error didn't see anything that helped. People in other threads talked about using a USB 2.0 port and I've tried multiple different ports and with no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

gerbstralko

Re: Trinket 5V not being recognizing by computer

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:51 am

People in other threads talked about using a USB 2.0 port and I've tried multiple different ports and with no avail.

Using a USB 2.0 hub with the Trinkets is the currently recommended solution. Were you able to try that?

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Trinket 5V not being recognizing by computer

by gerbstralko on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 am

Thank you for the reply. I will find a USB 2.0 hub and use that.

Have a good day!

gerbstralko

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.