Pro Trinkets not Bootloading Properly
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Pro Trinkets not Bootloading Properly

by kseto on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi having difficulty with my Pro Trinkets. One of the two that I ordered does not run the bootloader at all (the red LED does not light when I plug it in or press the button). The second of the two was functioning ok yesterday, but after a while it was clear some code was not implementing properly upon start up, and today the bootloader is not functioning properly (the red LED triple blinks for about 5 seconds and then turns off and I'm getting a "Could not find USPtiny device" error. I tried attaching a resistor between the RX and 5V pins but that had no effect on either board. Help please?

kseto

Re: Pro Trinkets not Bootloading Properly

by adafruit_support_rick on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:14 am

Please try some different USB cables. You may have a bad one.

adafruit_support_rick

by kseto on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried three different USB cables. The first Pro Trinket definitely does not bootload. The second one seems to work only when it wants to... I suspected that the second time it worked, it might have been the cord or a loose micro USB connection, but I left it plugged in and untouched overnight, and when I came back to it the next morning, the bootloader was not working properly again.

kseto

by adafruit_support_rick on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:57 am

We can replace the first one, the one where the red LED does not light. However, the second one sounds like a connection problem. You might try connecting through a self-powered USB2.0 hub.
Please email support@adafruit.com with a link to this post for a replacement Pro Trinket

adafruit_support_rick

by mattiascibien on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:25 am

I had the same problem with one of that but I bought one from a reseller. Is it possible to get a replacement even in this case?

mattiascibien

by franklin97355 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:26 pm

mattiascibien what have you tried to solve your problem? I would recommend contacting your reseller as to what they will do for you.

franklin97355

by noomicorn on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:17 pm

I am having this problem too with 3 out of 4 Pro Trinkets I got in the same order. I've tried different cables, but I don't see how that can be the problem if one of the Pro Trinkets works and the others do not on the same cable.

noomicorn

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.