GEMMA OSX bootloader issue

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tom82

GEMMA OSX bootloader issue

Post by tom82 »

Hello,

Recently purchased Gemma V2 board here with no blinking red light able to appear, only dim light red for a few seconds and static green light indicating power.

Updated AVR boards manager and programer, using a USB 2.0 hub, tried three good quality USB cables one was supplied with an adafruit battery charger, still no joy.

avrdude: Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)

Any ideas or help much appreciated - have read through a few similar posts on here with no further obvious solutions?

Thanks.

carozzak

Re: GEMMA OSX bootloader issue

Post by carozzak »

I am having the same issue. I am using Arduino 1.8.1, on a Mac 10.12.2. I used to have no problems with the Gemma, have had many successful projects but all of a sudden I am unable to connect and upload code.

gma1976

Post by gma1976 »

Same here...struggling to figure out what's going on? I'm on a Mac (10.11.4), I have 1.8.1 running, and have used the Gemma successfully several times. I attempted to go back to my old computer that had 1.0.5 running and get the SAME message on both computers running old/new IDE's..."avrdude: Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)" >>> It's driving me crazy because I've built a ton of projects, including the firewalker shoes and had no issues connecting. I'm going crazy reading through all these posts and trying all the different settings with no luck!

Board = Adafruit Gemma 8MHz (Gemma is black; no on/off switch)
Serial Port = /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port (my only option to select)
Programmer = USBtinyISP

Pressing the button before I hit upload...nothing.

gma1976

Post by gma1976 »

I was able to connect (to the older version 1.0.5) using a USB 2.0 hub...since I don't need anything on the newer IDE versions, I'm all set :)

tom82

Post by tom82 »

belated update on this thread for anyone still struggling:

I have since randomly tried a 4th and 5th USB cable, cheap old ones... and they worked fine!?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”