(Another) Gemma V2 not recognised - Windows 10
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

(Another) Gemma V2 not recognised - Windows 10

by logical_flaps on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi there, I'm struggling to get a Gemma V2 board recognised in Windows 10, and hoping someone might be able to help me out. This is the first time I've worked with it an I've not had it working previously. I have the (Gemma Starter Kit) with a V2 Gemma, ordered a few months ago from Pimoroni (Images of front and back below), I'm running Windows 10 Home (version 10.0.14393), on a 64-bit laptop.

Following the Introducing Gemma guide I installed the drivers (which seemed to work fine). When connecting the device though I get the green power LED lit up but not the red LED pulsing (I'm pressing the button as it shows in the video). Windows gives me the 'USB device not recognised' message and in the Device Manager, the board is shown as an Unknown Device with 'Device Descriptor Request Failed' -

dm.png
dm.png (35.44 KiB) Viewed 653 times

From here I've tried 'Update Driver Software' > Search Automatically... which reports that the software is up to date, and 'Browse my computer...' pointing it to the 'Drivers' folder of the driver files (from the 'Manual Driver Installation' section of the guide) but this gives me the same message. If I try to uninstall (leaving the device plugged in), the device disappears from the manager for a few seconds, then Windows detects it again, and again shows it as unknown just as before.

* I'm definitely using USB 2 ports, and I've tried connecting both direct to the machine and via a USB hub.
    * I'm using the cable included in the pack and I'm pretty sure it works (I can transfer to and from my phone anyway), I've also tried a few other (tested) cables and the results are the same.

Can anyone suggest anything I can try? Do I need to install the bootloader itself, and if so, how? Many thanks in advance for your help!

20170702_182446.jpg
Back
20170702_182446.jpg (82.56 KiB) Viewed 653 times
20170702_182519.jpg
20170702_182519.jpg (70.77 KiB) Viewed 653 times

logical_flaps

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.