Trinket M0 with more pins?

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
PrefontDon

Trinket M0 with more pins?

Post by PrefontDon »

I've connected a Nokia 5110 to the Trinket M0 and have used up all of the digital pins, from 0 through 4:
MOSI D4
SCK D3
+Data/-Command D2
RST D1
-CE D0

I need one more 3v pin for a sensor. Can I cut the top trace from the microUSB connector to the USB pin, and then connect the pin to PA05/EINT5/AIN5/SERCOM0.1 which is pin 6 on the 42-pin E M0? Or has another pin already been assigned internally as D5? Yes, I understand the warranty is void once attempted. Thanks.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Trinket M0 with more pins?

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Not sure I fully understand the question, but the schematic for the board is here:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tri ... /downloads
You could use that to see what would happen cutting any traces or modding any part of the board. There's also a link to the CAD files for further investigation.

PrefontDon

Post by PrefontDon »

I need one more digital pin; let's call it D5. Which pin on the SAMD21E 32-pin package could I use as D5?
I would have to sever the top trace between the USB connector +5v lead and the board pin marked USB. Then I would have to solder the D5 lead to the USB pin, scratch out the USB name near the pin, and ink in the label D5.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

I see, so that the new pin would be on the header. What used to be VBUS with the silkscreen label USB would then get routed to this new pin. Yeah, guess you could do that. You're going to be soldering onto some tiny pins to connect to the SAMD21E itself. Use the linked schematics to see what's not used on the Trinket. And you'd need to look in the board's pin mapping to see what the Arduino names are.

So in theory, guess you could do this, but we don't have any kind of guide that shows how.

PrefontDon

Post by PrefontDon »

Is a Trinket M0 Pro on the table?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”