BOUGHT YOUR KIT FROM EBAY?

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

BOUGHT YOUR KIT FROM EBAY?

Post by adafruit »

PLEASE, if you did not get your kit from adafruit or an adafruit reseller (it would have the adafruit logo on it) YOU CANNOT GET TECH SUPPORT HERE.

You must contact the original manufacturer for help.

GOOD LUCK!

albertt609

Re: BOUGHT YOUR KIT FROM EBAY?

Post by albertt609 »

adafruit wrote:PLEASE, if you did not get your kit from adafruit or an adafruit reseller (it would have the adafruit logo on it) YOU CANNOT GET TECH SUPPORT HERE.

You must contact the original manufacturer for help.

GOOD LUCK!

So anyone who bought the product from a place other than adafruit (lets say ebay or amazon) will not have tech support?

Thanks in advanced for your reply!

Sincerely,

Albert Mansfield

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

if it's an actual adafruit-made kit we can provide support, if it's a counterfeit we cannot.

sgtgigz

Post by sgtgigz »

Isn't it Open-Source? So, by support does that include troubleshooting on USBTiny that was self made. Or are you talking about replacement and/or refund, Which is completely understandable. I would think that seeing as Adafruit is targeted towards education and learning/DIY then you guys might want to support your community with any help and or knowledge you have despite whether the parts came from you guys or not. Just wondering, what kind of 'support' you were stating as I have 3 USBTiny's, 2 of which I made myself(1 breadboard/perfboard, 1 printed circuit), along with my 1st that I purchased from you guys.

Thanks for any clarification ;)

-Jake

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Open source means that we give you all the information needed to make it yourself. That does not mean that we commit to provide free one-on-one engineering services to everyone that attempts to build one - or act as the technical support department for every clone manufacturer worldwide. If we did, we would have gone bankrupt before we got started.

We publish the designs. That is Open Source.

We also publish step-by-step tutorials, and we conduct all of the technical support for our kit business in a public forum that is free for all. That is Adafruit's way.

The kit business is how we can afford to feed all the talented engineers that create all these open source designs.

Airworks

Post by Airworks »

can you post up places that are distributors of the adafruit products? This way , when people buy YOUR products they know WHO to buy from. I'm all for supporting the original creators of a product , deal with clone poop all day in the RC side of things. Good to always know who's got the REAL "goods".
BANNED got mine for me for xmas, not really sure where she got it from.
The items say adafruit on them , and they look of great quality and identical to the sites photos. and solder quality of components. I don't see much reason for someone to clone these bits , specially for the dollar amount they are for sale.
Happy New Year everyone.!

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Yes, there is a "Distributors" link at the bottom of the page: http://www.adafruit.com/distributors/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”