Pro Trinket 3V 12MHz upload error

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rogueleader

Pro Trinket 3V 12MHz upload error

Post by rogueleader »

In November I bought 4 Pro Trinket 3V/12MHz boards for my nieces to do a project over Thanks Giving. It never happen and I am tryng to get this to work on all 4 boards. I had Arduino 1.6.7 and 2 boards took the code fine and worked as expected. The other 2 boards will accept the code and will not work. I know the USB cable works and this Laptop USB 2.0 ports work as the first 2 boards accepted the code fine. The error I get is very similar to other peoples problems. I have looked at many Forum Threads and commonly ends in sending new board. The error I get is:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Pro Trinket 3V/12MHz (USB)"

WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareSerial is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library Wire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
Sketch uses 24914 bytes (86%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
Global variables use 996 bytes of dynamic memory.

avrdude: error: usbtiny_send: (expected 128, got -116)
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0046
0x0c != 0xd7
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

Invalid library found in C:\Users\rogue_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\sketch_feb11a: C:\Users\rogue_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\sketch_feb11a
Invalid library found in C:\Users\rogue_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\sketch_feb11a: C:\Users\rogue_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\sketch_feb11a

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I have the right board selected and Programmer selected to USBtinyISP. I tried burning a new Boot Loader over USB. Same error.
I have spent enough time on this and just want to get this working.
I have seen comments saying the Pro Trinket 5V boards are more robust and less often have this problem. I am willing to buy those boards if so-love supporting Adafruit. The project is getting 3 LED strings to fade on and off in sequence in a Ball jar.
This uses a LiPo3.7V 500mAh battery. Can it be used with the 5V board?
As you can see I updated to Arduino 1.8 to see if that would help. It is same error I got on 1.6.
Any ideas?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”