There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

To resist or not resist.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

To resist or not resist.

by redsleigh on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:58 am

Hi there. Just had some final questions before jumping into programming my chips.

I am looking to use my usbtiny with a minimalist board to program my attiny45 and see that mentioned here, it says to keep the resistors in. However, if I decide in the future to not use a minimalist board when programming my attiny chips, I would have to replace R4 and R7 with jumpers correct?

Are those 2 resistors necessary when using a min board? I could just install them onto my min board, right (in the SCK and MOSI lines)? That way I don't have to mess with the usbtiny if I decide to use it with something else (other than spokepov) later.

I know the general rule is to remove the resistors when programming, discussed here.

Thanks for the help, still learning.
redsleigh

Re: To resist or not resist.

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:53 am

Question answered in the other thread. Please don't post the same question in multiple threads.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.