1. I'm using the USBtiny kit
2. I'm using Windows 7 on a laptop
3. Not really got that far, I'm using a colorduino and the Arduino IDE
4. Never worked, never showed a green LED
5. Pictures: (sorry they're not great but hopefully good enough)
Device manager tells me it's not recognized, it also gives a code 43 (stopped by windows due to reported problems). The USB cable works for my Arduino and I've tried different USB ports. What am I missing here? It seems to think I already have the latest drivers. I also downloaded "usbtinyisp_libusb-win32_184.108.40.206" (though I have 64 bit windows, couldn't find a specific driver for 64 bit?) but that didn't help.
By the way, when connected to my colorduino and it's LED matrix the ISPtinyUSB provides power and the default sketch is shown on the LED matrix. Communication is the issue.
Also, using avrdude gives this error:
Error: Could not find USBtiny device <0x1781/0xc9f>