AVR studio problem
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

AVR studio problem

by derrickyeo on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:03 pm

Hi me and a friend have just bought USBtiny kits and have been able to program an attiny13 with avrdude ( so we know we didnt solder our kits wrongly) but have had less success with AVR studio.

It has worked a few times but for the most part AVR studio gives an "ISP frequency error " message. Juggling and rewriting the ISP frequency helps occasionally.

We're wondering if anyone has come across a similar problem and could offer any advice
Derrick
derrickyeo

by adafruit on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:32 pm

thanks for the feedback! i set the frequency by default to be pretty high, but the program should store the frequency info as a preference. i guess what im asking is, if you set the ISP frequency to be low enough to work, then write it and quit/restart the bridge, does it work?
let me know :)

adafruit

by derrickyeo on Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:22 am

We have tried that - i had reset the board frequency and then restarted the stk500 emulator. Things worked great for quite a stretch but for some reason this period of joy soon ended and it never worked again.

Also, we tried programming atmega 168's and that never worked at all in with avr studio or avrdude

Not sure if this info is any help at all heh
Derrick
derrickyeo

by adafruit on Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:59 pm

now -that- is strange because i programmed atmega168s (arduinos) no problem. can you let me know what avrdude says? does the chip program ok with a different programmer? (ie are you sure it not a circuit problem :)

adafruit

by derrickyeo on Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:37 pm

Funny enough everything is working great now ! For some strange reason, everything worked after i woke up this morning.

Now it's happily programming 168's and attiny's with avr studio like it doesnt even care, it's great.

I do have to reconnect and restart the emulator almost everytime a circuit is connected and so on. If i dont, the same error in avr studio comes back.

I'll keep you updated on how things go.
Derrick
derrickyeo

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.