Pro Trinket Bootloader Problem
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: Pro Trinket Bootloader Problem

by Ronfinlay on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:45 am

Thank you for this last bit of help. I think I'll be OK from here. It's wonderful to have such kind and generous people out their in the world willing to help. I appreciate you.

Ronfinlay

by adafruit_support_rick on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:44 am

No problem! Thanks for the kind words

adafruit_support_rick

by TxPvCoach on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:59 pm

WillDriessen wrote:Hello-
I just bought a 5V 16MHz Pro Trinket and I was very excited. So I unpackaged it, downloaded the correct IDE, changed the board and programmer settings(Pro Trinket 5V USB, USBtinyISP). Everything seemed to be in order, then I grabbed a proven correct Micro-Usb cable and plugged in my Pro Trinket(I have a Macbook OSX 10.6.8 with the 1.0.5 IDE). When I plugged in the trinket and pressed the bootloader button, instead of the nice pulsing bootloader LED I was expecting, I got a green power LED and a red LED blinking twice then off for a second on a loop. Then I tried pressing the button and uploading the basic Blink code but I got the error- avrdude: Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)[/color]. So then I tried using a new port, a new cord, a powered USB 2.0 hub, and nothing seems to be working. I am very lost and don't know what to do. I don't know if it is my computer or if I just missed something.

Thanks for all the help in advance, it means a lot.

~~Will

I am using new trinket pro 5v/16mhz
I have added 10k resistor from rcv->+5pin
Blinking red But changes when I reset but receive same error, I am using your ftdi cable.
No joy....
Arduino IDE 1.8.4. ,Adafruit AVR 1.4.9 ,Mid 2009 MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Help!
I am having way too much fun ...but I want to get to working with my NeoPixel rings,strings,matrices, etc which I’ve already bought.
Thanks for help in advance!

TxPvCoach

by adafruit_support_rick on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:39 am

TxPvCoach wrote:But changes when I reset but receive same error,

The same error as what? The post you quoted reports the error
TxPvCoach wrote:Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)
Is that what you're seeing?

If so, then you have the wrong board type selected. You say you're using an FTDI. In that case, you need to select the board type 'Pro Trinket 5V/16MHz (FTDI)'

adafruit_support_rick

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.