How to get help!

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

How to get help!

Post by adafruit »

Need help with your kit? You can get better, faster and more precise help if you follow these steps

FIRST: Are you using a USBtiny from a kit or from DIY? Make sure you mention that in your post
SECOND: What OS and computer are you using?
THIRD: Which programming software are you using, and what chip?
FOURTH: Did the USBtinyISP ever work (even once) or is it your first time trying to talk to a chip
FIFTH: Post screenshots (NOT copy&paste) of what is happening
SIXTH: Post clear, in-focus, not-blurry, easy to see photos of the top and bottom of the kit. If the photos are blurry, unfocused, and difficult to see they will only make it harder to debug what is going on

If you post all of this information the first time, it will save many days of you waiting for me to ask you!

PLEASE, IF YOU DID NOT BUY A USBTINYISP FROM ADAFRUIT (it would have the adafruit logo on it) YOU CANNOT GET TECH SUPPORT HERE. PLEASE CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER FOR HELP. GOOD LUCK!

lshd777

Re: How to get help!

Post by lshd777 »

hi, my name is sunh hyun lee, and i am korean, i ordered the
> brain machine.
> i totally complete the work, but i want to know the component in the brain
> machine.
> That is the ISP port. especially, is there the isp port comply with the
> brain machine? i orderde the item that is not include the isp port...so
> then, can i separately ordered the isp port??..
>
> i"d like to end my question like this..

adafruit_support_bill

Re: How to get help!

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Hi,

For ISP programming, first you need to install the 6-pin header in the location labeled ISP. This header should be included in your kit. If the header was not in the kit, you can contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and we well send you one.

The other thing you will need is an ISP programmer such as the USBTinyISP. This is not included in the Brain Machine kit and can be ordered separately here: http://www.adafruit.com/products/46

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”