Gemma v. 2

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
greenrac

Gemma v. 2

Post by greenrac »

Bootloader problems with Gemma v. 2 When I go to upload the sketch, I get an error message

I selected Arduino Gemma as the board and programer as Arduino gemma. I am running it on Arduino 4 on a Mac 10.7.

Arduino: 1.6.7 Hourly Build 2015/11/12 04:40 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Gemma"

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.preproc.macros="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.cpp.flags} {preproc.macros.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} -DARDUINO={runtime.ide.version} -DARDUINO_{build.board} -DARDUINO_ARCH_{build.arch} {compiler.cpp.extra_flags} {build.extra_flags} {includes} "{source_file}", automatically converted to recipe.preproc.macros="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.cpp.flags} {preproc.macros.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} -DARDUINO={runtime.ide.version} -DARDUINO_{build.board} -DARDUINO_ARCH_{build.arch} {compiler.cpp.extra_flags} {build.extra_flags} {includes} "{source_file}" -o "{preprocessed_file_path}". Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.preproc.macros="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.cpp.flags} {preproc.macros.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} -DARDUINO={runtime.ide.version} -DARDUINO_{build.board} -DARDUINO_ARCH_{build.arch} {compiler.cpp.extra_flags} {build.extra_flags} {includes} "{source_file}", automatically converted to recipe.preproc.macros="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.cpp.flags} {preproc.macros.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} -DARDUINO={runtime.ide.version} -DARDUINO_{build.board} -DARDUINO_ARCH_{build.arch} {compiler.cpp.extra_flags} {build.extra_flags} {includes} "{source_file}" -o "{preprocessed_file_path}". Consider upgrading this core.
remove core/core.a: no such file or directory
Error compiling.

Sketch uses 828 bytes (15%) of program storage space. Maximum is 5,310 bytes.
Global variables use 11 bytes of dynamic memory.

avrdude: error: usbtiny_transmit: Result too large
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Gemma v. 2

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

rc=-1 indicates that the Mac isn't communicating with the Gemma. You may have a bad USB cable. Try some different cables, different ports, and try connecting through a self-powered USB2.0 hub if you have one.

Does the Gemma show up in System Report under USB devices?

greenrac

Post by greenrac »

The Gemma shows up in the system report under USB 3.0 high-speed bus. I have tried 2 cables and both usb ports

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Probably a USB3.0 problem. We have sporadic reports of this on both Mac and Windows. Do you have any USB2.0 ports on your computer? If not, try connecting through a USB2.0 hub.

greenrac

Post by greenrac »

I tried a USB 2.0 hub and works fine now. Thanks!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”