2.8" tft cap. touch versions problems
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

2.8" tft cap. touch versions problems

by Jonaczt on Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pm

HI,

My company recently purchased new stock of adafru.com/product/1947. However, when we attached the new ones to the MKR ZERO board and it didn't do anything other than turn on the backlight. When I use the Arduino UNO the projects run normally. So, I took a look and found that IOREF must be shorted with 3V pin. Nevertheless, it still no working.

When I used the version v. 2.3 the display worked!!! Additionally, I can not find a version number on the new display board.

I was wondering if this would be a hardware or software issue?

Thanks

Jonaczt

Re: 2.8" tft cap. touch versions problems

by mikeysklar on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Hello Jonaczt,

We have had quite a few posts recently on this topic. Please let me know if this solution also works for you. I do not know where the version number of the board is located.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=148262&p=771877&hilit=2.8+tft+mkr#p771877

This version (Adafru~1) has the 2X3 header as a default to use SCK, MOSI and MISO pins, while the older version (v2.3) had those pins already connected to the peripheral single row pins.

Therefore, for the latest version I did this: (refer schematic ADAFRU~1 2019-09-17 10:57AM):

Connected the pin closest to the pin 3 of MIC5225-3.3, to 3.3V (since I am using MKR Zero)
    Left the pin IOREF/VCCIO open
    Left the adjacent 3V pin open
    Soldered together all three positions of IOREF
    Closed SJ1, Closed SJ2, Closed SJ3

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.