Starter pack with sound, motor, lights?

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Nemesis1551

Starter pack with sound, motor, lights?

Post by Nemesis1551 »

Hello.

I am a beginner just starting out and I would appreciate any help I could get before I start buying items and trying to do things on my own.

I am trying to make a custom lighting kit for a plastic model kit.

The model kit requires that I use two very small motors, a number of LEDs/LED strips in a number of different areas, a speaker to produce clear voices and sound effects, and buttons to activate the motors, leds, and sounds. I would like the buttons to be able to be placed onto a stand, and not build into to the circuit board, such as a microbit.

I would like button A to activate a sound and turn the motors to speed 1. If the button is pressed again it plays the sound again and turns the motors to speed 2, then 3, then off.
I would like button B to activate all the lights. Some of the lights need to be white, red, green, orange, and blue. Some of the lights would always be on, some would be blinking, some would be dimming on and off. If the button is pressed again I would like it to turn all the lights on to red then fading out, then back to full on red with fading again, repeated, with sound playing. If pressed again it would turn all the lights to rotating raindow colors and play the nyan cat sound.

I would like it to be plugged into a wall, if it could all run off a battery as well, that would be cool too, but I like the wall outlets best.

Maybe there is one starter kit that has everything I need? Maybe two different starter kits or a starter kit and some other items, or etc...

For the motors I was thinking DC Toy / Hobby Motor - 130 Size https://www.adafruit.com/product/711

I'm not sure what I should use for LEDs/LED strips. I need some of the LEDs to blink, some to always be on, and some to twinkle or dim on and off. I would like to be able to program the LEDs so some are red, green, blue, orange, and white when turned on, but I would also like it if they could all change to one color when the button is pressed.

I am not sure what to do for the speaker. I was thinking this one Speaker - 40mm Diameter - 4 Ohm 3 Watt https://www.adafruit.com/product/3968
I would like the speaker to be able to make nice, crisp, clean noises. Whether it be someone speaking or some cool sound effect such as a space laser blaster.

If someone could recommend a starter kit and or a number of different items/kits that I should buy, along with any guides/youtube videos I should watch to learn what to do/how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it. (I have a little bit of block coding experience and up for learning more and other types.)

I was looking at the lightsaber kit, but it's all sold out and I don't know if I can attach motors to that, how I would do it, or how many motors it could have. I don't know how many LEDs/LED strips I could attach to it as well and if I could program them to do different things.

Thank you very much for your help so I don't waste time and money by working with and buying the wrong items.

I can't thank anyone enough who is able to guide me in the right direction.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”