Starter pack from Adafruit ?

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sid1202

Starter pack from Adafruit ?

Post by sid1202 »

I'm in Canada and to simplify the process, I looked at the distributors list to find a Adafruit starter kit and I found one from CAROBOTIX I expected to see a fine print somewhere to indicate that it was an Adafruit kit, but I found no indication of the origin of the Kit It is a Genuino from Arduino.cc. Is it a Adafruit kit and/or does it qualify for support on this site ?

PS: I was surprised at how small the UNO is.

Regards,

Franklin97355

Re: Starter pack from Adafruit ?

Post by Franklin97355 »

If you mean this kit it is made by Arduino.cc not Adafruit. We can answer some of your questions but if you have issues with the kit you should go through the seller and Arduino.cc. We sell the same kit here and a somewhat smaller kit too.

sid1202

Post by sid1202 »

I read here that Adafruit was building the Arduino.cc kits now, and My intention was to get this Adafruit official kit from a canadian retailer so I don't have to deal with customs.

Of course if there is something wrong with the hardware I have to go thought the retailer, I did a visual on the kit and it seems fine.

Once I'm done re-familiarizing my self and ready to build my projects, I'll have to buy direct. Any known issues sending to Canada ?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We are producing UNO boards under contract with Arduino.cc, but the Arduino starter kits are assembled elsewhere.
Any known issues sending to Canada ?
We do ship to Canada. There are occasional questions regarding customs charges, but that is really beyond our control. We do have several Canadian distributors. You may be able to find one near you. https://www.adafruit.com/distributors

sid1202

Post by sid1202 »

Thank you :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”