How to power Tiny Breadboard instead of Half?

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
OnlyMoo

How to power Tiny Breadboard instead of Half?

Post by OnlyMoo »

Adafruit was out of half breadboards, so they sent me a Tiny one with my Starter Pack. There are no power rails. How do I use the tiny breadboard to do a tutorial like LED lesson 2: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ard ... s/overview ??

All of the tutorials expect me to have power rails and I could not find information here or elsewhere on the internet on how to use breadboard without power rails. The breadboard intro tutorials also expect me to have power rails.

Franklin97355

Re: How to power Tiny Breadboard instead of Half?

Post by Franklin97355 »

The LED lesson uses one power and one ground so you can plug them directly into the breadboard. If you need more than one just plug power into a row and you now have four places to get power.

OnlyMoo

Re: How to power Tiny Breadboard instead of Half?

Post by OnlyMoo »

So the thing that none of the breadboard tutorials DON'T tell you is that the "rails" are not special. They are just connected differently. I picked certain rows on the breadboard to act as my "rails" and connected pieces between them, and then was able to get it to work.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”