COM error - Not recognizing device

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
markimus

COM error - Not recognizing device

Post by markimus »

I ordered a starter kit about two weeks ago Order Confirmation No: 1640537-0244180189. When I revceived the package I attempted to set it up on my computer it wouldnt work at all.

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno" Three seperate computers Units

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

I have made attempts on three different computers with three different USB cables to upload to this board but none of the computers will recognize it.

I have reviewed all forum posts on this and it wont even show up in the device manager as an unknown device on USB 3 or USB 2 ports. IT seems it might be faulty?

Franklin97355

Re: COM error - Not recognizing device

Post by Franklin97355 »

have you verified the cables are capable of passing data? When you plug the Uno in do you get any lights on the board or indication that a USB port was connected?

markimus

Post by markimus »

Hi there
Thanks for the reply
Yes I have done the data test... additionally I just received my second order of UNO's and when I plugged a new one in it worked immediately without issue.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

OK. Please contact [email protected] with a link to this topic and they will help you get a replacement Uno.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”