I need help in choosing arduino devices for smart farm proje

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sp3nc3r

I need help in choosing arduino devices for smart farm proje

Post by sp3nc3r »

My project consists of regulating amount of red and blue light from LED bulbs in a greenhouse which would eventually lead to regulating the growth of vegetables in the greenhouse.

I would like to inquire which specific sensor would I need to get the readings for the wavelength of red and blue light from the LED bulbs and what additional devices I would need to regulate the brightness of the LED bulbs in intervals based on the readings of the wavelength of the blue and red light.

I would also like to your views of any additional device that you think would be helpful for this project.

petespaco

Re: I need help in choosing arduino devices for smart farm p

Post by petespaco »

I don't think you need to wire up sensors just to read the wavelengths of Blue and Red LEDs.
I googled for the "answers" and here they are:
Red LED: 620 to 700 nm.
Blue LED: 400 to 450 nm.

Personally, I don't understand this:
"I would need to regulate the brightness of the LED bulbs in intervals based on the readings of the wavelength of the blue and red light."
There are tons of programs for Arduino that allow you to "regulate the brightness" of LED's (or the percentage of ON time for just about anything) but since you already know what the wavelengths are, all you need to do is to set up some timers, don't you?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”