2 Pin Header?

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
shetc

2 Pin Header?

Post by shetc »

Hi All,

Just received the Adafruit ARDX - v1.3 Experimentation Kit for Arduino (Uno R3) - v1.3 for Xmas.
I was about to try the CIRC-01 tutorial, and I noticed that it calls for pinning down the layout
sheet with 4 x 2 Pin Headers. There aren't any in the kit though there is something similar-looking
with 17 pins on it. Am I supposed to cut that up into 2 Pin Headers?

Thanks,
Steve

adafruit

Re: 2 Pin Header?

Post by adafruit »

yes, break off pieces

shetc

Post by shetc »

Thx!

sphillips

Post by sphillips »

I had the same question today, which is over a year later...I'm glad I found the answer here in the forum, but could the fact that you have to make your own 2 pin headers by snapping the long one into pieces please be made clearer in the instructions included with the kit--for those of us who truly are novices with this stuff? I didn't even know what a "header" was until 5 minutes ago! (And this is a great example of why teachers need to try these out themselves before turning their students loose on this kit!) :D

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Thanks for the suggestion. We are always working to improve the tutorials. :)

Messydesk

Post by Messydesk »

I am also going through the Circ 01 Tutorial after purchasing the kit, This is my first time doing anything with Arduino or electornics, I was breifly super frustrated in terms of thinking that I didn't get all of the parts, but then found this message while looking into contacting customer service... As a beginner (especially one afraid of breaking things) it's not obvious that you have to break apart the headers at all.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Thanks for the feedback. The ARDX tutorials are maintained by oomlaut (the makers of the ARDX kit). You can contact them directly as well: http://www.oomlout.co.uk/contact_us.html

tk442211

Post by tk442211 »

sphillips wrote:I had the same question today, which is over a year later...I'm glad I found the answer here in the forum, but could the fact that you have to make your own 2 pin headers by snapping the long one into pieces please be made clearer in the instructions included with the kit--for those of us who truly are novices with this stuff? I didn't even know what a "header" was until 5 minutes ago! (And this is a great example of why teachers need to try these out themselves before turning their students loose on this kit!) :D
thanks for the great forum, I'm a total beginner and this saved me from buying 2 pin headers not knowing these were in the kit but needed broken off :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”