avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Aman

Re: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Post by Aman »

I am using usb 2.0 only.. i dont think its the prblm..
i am using freeduino.. i got the cd which had the softwares, drivers, libraries etc related to it.. and it was working initialy... so, wat are the other possibilities? is it regarding driver?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Each board is different. We don't sell or support the freeduino. You should check with where you bought it for technical support.

Aman

Post by Aman »

Sir, m sorry to say that i bought it from a place in my city where such electronic items are available.. but there no technical help is provided.. My board is Arduino 1.1 compatible... Actualy, i wanted to purchase an Arduino Uno but it wasnt available anywhere in the city.. And i coulnt find it on the net..
Pls sir, if you colud help me out of it, i l b grateful to you.. And i have no other option for technical guidance regarding this.. And it would be very kind of you to tel me how to order such things via internet..

adafruit_support_bill

The Freeduino appears to use a different usb/serial chip than the Arduino Uno. You might be able to find more information about it at http://www.freeduino.org

We do have many distributers around the world. http://www.adafruit.com/distributors/
And if you order direct from us, we can ship most anywhere also.

daremick

Post by daremick »

Also make sure you installed the drivers.

If you have windows follow these steps
I realize you're using a freeduino, and that your discs had the drivers but it's possible they may be on the chip as well. Anything is worth a try :)
(FORM ARDUINO.CC)

Plug in your board and wait for Windows to begin it's driver installation process. After a few moments, the process will fail, despite its best efforts
Click on the Start Menu, and open up the Control Panel.
While in the Control Panel, navigate to System and Security. Next, click on System. Once the System window is up, open the Device Manager.
Look under Ports (COM & LPT). You should see an open port named "Arduino UNO (COMxx)"
Right click on the "Arduino UNO (COmxx)" port and choose the "Update Driver Software" option.
Next, choose the "Browse my computer for Driver software" option.
Finally, navigate to and select the Uno's driver file, named "ArduinoUNO.inf", located in the "Drivers" folder of the Arduino Software download (not the "FTDI USB Drivers" sub-directory).
Windows will finish up the driver installation from there.

^If the part in red fails to find the driver I actually just backed up from the FTDI USB and instead clicked on JUST the DRIVERS folder. For some reason it found them when backing up one folder but it wouldn't load when going all the way into FTDI. hope this helps.

Denis2908

Post by Denis2908 »

I have the same problem. I have an Arduino Uno R3, installed the software, updated the driver on my laptop with a windows 7 64 bit and another computer with windows xp. On both I tried to update the blink program and always had the error message:

During my upload the RX led blinks.

I hope someone can help me with this problem, in the meanwhile I keep searching for a solution.

Greetings
Denis

adafruit_support_bill

Hi Denis,

If you go to Files->Preferences on the IDE and enable "verbose output" during upload, it should show all bytes sent & received. Post the results here.

Denis2908

Post by Denis2908 »

The following text was showen:

Binaire sketch-grootte: 1.084 bytes (van een 32.256-byte maximum)
C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -carduino -P\\.\COM3 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\ddw\AppData\Local\Temp\build810746319334636629.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep 2 2011 at 19:38:36
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : \\.\COM3
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
avrdude: Recv:

avrdude done. Thank you.

adafruit_support_bill

Where did you purchase the UNO?
Do you see any led activity when you press the reset button?

Denis2908

Post by Denis2908 »

I bought it with iprototype.
no led lights when I push the reset button.

adafruit_support_bill

Sounds like a defective board. iPrototype should be able to replace it for you.

Denis2908

Post by Denis2908 »

Thanks for the support!

daremick

Post by daremick »

Denis you can also try this

--

Postby daremick » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:25 pm
Actually I just fixed it :P can't tell I'm new here. I just unplugged the USB from the PC (previously I had only unplugged it from the UNO. And pressed RESET on the board as well as restarted the IDE program. Not sure which one of those fixed the issue or if all of them did but I used the BLINK program as a test run and it's working fine now. Hope this helps anyone else who might be looking.

--

and make sure to read this thread on the same error http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... 05#p164605

bistvan

Post by bistvan »

Hi there!

I have bought two pieces of Arduino Nano and I connected to Win7. The Win7 had automatically installed the matching driver, but I get the following message: "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00"

- when I hold Shift Key on upload, I get the same error - nothing changed
- when I press the upload, I see green led blinking for three times, then appears the error msg
- I tried each of two pieces, but I get same error
- When I press the (little-little) reset button, I don't see any blinking (for each of two pieces)

thx for hlp :)

adafruit_support_bill

@bistvan - We don't carry the Nano. If you contact the place you purchased them, they should be able to assist you.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”