avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Litemare

Re: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Post by Litemare »

Hello,

I am getting the same error; avrdude: stk500_getsync() : not in sync: resp=0x30

Using Windows Vista
And Arduino Uno R3

Have successfully uploaded in past but has now stopped working.
First drivers were not communicating properly so re-installed drivers, now Windows is recognizing and communicating.
Checked ports and are matching.
During power up green led and pin 13 led lights up. When reset button is pressed pin 13 led blinks several times then goes solid.
Tried holding shift and upload with same error outcome.
During upload neither RX or TX led lights up.
Checked to make sure I was using correct board in tools/board. I am also using AVR ISP under programmer?

Please help :/

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

During upload neither RX or TX led lights up.
Sounds like your 16U2 needs a reset: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=92148.0

Etherealis

Post by Etherealis »

Hey guys,
I had the same issue;
the yellow led's were lighting when trying to upload but I got the same avrdude line on screen and the program didn't run.
The usb port was correct,
the most recent drivers were installed correctly,
tried unplugging and replugging the Uno,
reset button hit (yellow let did light after hitting reset),

All to no effect; still got the "not in sync" response.

Just in case this helps, it started working fine again *after* I disconnected all wires from the arduino to my breadboarded circuit. In particular I was using the serial Tx/Rx pins (Digital 0 and 1). I disconnected them, then hit upload and bingo it all worked. Plus, after reconnecting them the program uploaded and the connected hardware, stepper motor & controller, all started working as they should under the Arduino's control...nice!

So it look slike you need a clean board before any of the unplugging and reseting will work. Figured I'd put this up just incase it helps anyone.

Hope all's good guys.

pratto

Post by pratto »

after successfully programing and using my atttiny85 for about a week, all of a sudden it wouldn't work any more. i got the stk500 ... error.
so i arduino searched and tried all of the suggestions (unwiring, rebooting,rewiring,updated driver, verifying board, verifying port, checking the capacitor, you name it), nothing worked.
same with the adafruit search, and google search. forums, everything. the UNO board still worked fine (it took and ran programs) but i could not get it to program my tiny anymore.

so i started all over, and re-read the M.I.T. high-low tech instruction page. i followed the instructions, and it started working again.

I am convinced that reloading FILE-EXAMPLE-arduinoISP to the UNO board straightened things out.

i hope this helps somebody.

rakesh626

Post by rakesh626 »

I get this problem when I tried uploading a code: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00.

I am using an arduino nano. Pressing the reset button makes the LED blink.

harikrishfalcon

Post by harikrishfalcon »

press reset at the time the uploading gets on screen after compiling in arduino IDE
Again if u get the same error
Close the Arduino IDE and Unplug the hardware , then reconnect it ,reset the hardware .
Check whether the device manager if Windows specify the COM port .
Then, Run the IDE ,Check Whether Tools>>Serial >> (say COM 22)
correct com port of the arduino device is displayed . Now Upload ur code .
If again it doesnt work , try restarting the PC and doing the same .

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”