one arduino board per project?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

one arduino board per project?

by tukmol on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 am

Hi! If I want to make a lot of projects or robots with arduino does it mean I need to buy a lot of arduino boards?

tukmol

Re: one arduino board per project?

by adafruit_support_rick on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:06 pm

That depends on whether or not you want to use all the projects at the same time, or whether or not you want to disassemble your projects to swap Arduino boards between them.

adafruit_support_rick

by tukmol on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:25 pm

im asking because I want to buy another kit, it includes another arduino board, i wasnt sure if it's a waste having another arduino. Thank you!

tukmol

by adafruit_support_mike on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Having a second Arduino isn't necessary, but it also isn't a waste. It's more like a convenience. There are a lot of useful things you can do with a second Arduino, like testing code or generating signals while you're using the other one in a project.

Which kit are you considering?
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.

adafruit_support_mike

by tukmol on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:28 pm

The experimenter's kit. I'm newb, i prefer buying kit :)

tukmol

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:33 am

If you're just getting started, I'd say getting a second Arduino with all the other stuff in the Experimenter's Kit would be a good investment. As you get more experience, you'll start buying parts from distributors like Digikey and Mouser, but searching their catalogs can be a bit overwhelming the first few times.

The kit will give you lots of hardware to play with, and like I said, a second Arduino may not be necessary, but it can definitely be handy.
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.