Just finished lesson 3!
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Just finished lesson 3!

by gatekeep on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:20 am

Wow, so cool to make something that I can actually show off to my wife and be proud of, only hours after getting my starter pack! The tutorials are great, keep em comin!! I can't wait to see what else you've got in store for us :)

Only strange thing is, the blue LED just doesn't seem bright enough... it gets really drowned out in the violet and turquoise blends. I can see it's lighting without the diffuser, but when diffused it may as well go from green to blue to red.. Anyone else had that?
gatekeep

by adafruit on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:33 am

check the resistor, you could have a bad LED but its more likely there's a connection problem or resistor problem

adafruit

by gatekeep on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:59 am

Looks like that's what it was..

I had been trying to avoid trimming the leads on the resistors, so they have a bit more reach when/if i reuse them. So the leads were kind of bent up. I took all three resistors off and trimmed them, then put them back on, and this time green was dim. I replaced the resistor there and things are MUCH improved.

gatekeep

by gatekeep on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:28 pm

I just had a cool thought - Color changing jack-o-lantern!
gatekeep

by u23892 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:30 pm

Agreed, the tutorials are great! talk about explaining things!

Ladyada- you do this for the complicated microprocessors and things like lattice chips, DPS's and Xlinxs and you'll be ritch!!!!!!!
u23892

by gatekeep on Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:55 pm

gatekeep wrote:I just had a cool thought - Color changing jack-o-lantern!

Well, my color-change-o-lantern looks awesome, but I'm having a very hard time getting pics or video. The pics are either so dark all you can make out is a pinpoint of light, or so bright you can't see the LED colors.

It looks cool in person though!
gatekeep

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.