more tutorials?

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Nachimir

Re: more tutorials?

Post by Nachimir »

I understand, and can guess what it must be like. Thanks very much for the tutorials you put up so far, they were a great way to get started.

Coniferous

Post by Coniferous »

Ada's tutorials are so well written. I would be disappointed if she didn't write any more, but I would fully understand.
It's so easy to be rude on the internet. I wish it would stop.

Hey ada, would you be persuaded to write any more lessons if you got a couple donations for them?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i wrote a couple sensor tutorials to tide y'all over
http://www.ladyada.net/learn/sensors/

eli2k

Post by eli2k »

Thank you for writing these tutorials, ladyada. I like how you put in the effort and write questions for us to think about; that takes a bit of time and thinking to come up with good questions. One day, maybe you can put this all into a book, and publish it. :D

GeorgeFrick

Post by GeorgeFrick »

Wow, a lot of work was put into those sensor tutorials!

Just wanted to share my appreciate for the Motor Controller documentation.

You could maybe add some forum/other place links to the pages where the tutorials are to quickly augment them without doing a ton more work?!

Thanks again for the tutorials!

MR2Aaron

Post by MR2Aaron »

@Ladyada:

Have you considered recruiting some veteran members of the community to help you write the tutorials? The maker community seems to be pretty generous with intellectual property, and I bet there are some folks who would volunteer their time in exchange for having their name in the credits.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

MR2Aaron wrote:@Ladyada: Have you considered recruiting some veteran members of the community to help you write the tutorials? The maker community seems to be pretty generous with intellectual property, and I bet there are some folks who would volunteer their time in exchange for having their name in the credits.
did you see our latest one today?

USB + SNES pad Make a game pad with an accelerometer inside
http://ladyada.net/make/usbgamepad/

===========
This project tutorial will show you how you can convert a console game pad into a USB keyboard mouse for playing games on your PC. The USB game pad can be used with nearly any software, such as a MAME emulator, game, simulation software, or for custom user interfaces. We'll start by turning the buttons of the game pad into keyboard buttons, so that pressing 'up' is converted into the 'U' key, for example. The firmware is easily adaptable, so you can adjust it for whatever software it will be used with. Then we'll make the project more interesting by adding an accelerometer. This will allow the game pad to be used as a mouse by tilting it!
===========

lastcoolnameleft

Post by lastcoolnameleft »

I'm with many of the people on this thread in that I am VERY grateful for the tutorials. By trade, I'm a programmer, but have always wanted to get into the hardware side of things, and this has helped me immensely.

There were some pieces that came easily to me, and others were more difficult. One thought I had to help improve the tutorials was to open them up to the community. (i.e. wiki) There were a few parts of the tutorial that appeared inconsistent, and possibly incorrect. (But I'm just beginning, so I could be wrong) If the tutorials were on a wiki, then, other people could help improve as well as expand them.

Ladyada, your countless hours of effort are much appreciated. And apparently, I'm not alone in that sentiment.

jbaylor

Post by jbaylor »

Thank you for all of your work on the tutorials! I contribute to an open source software project and have done some tutorial work for it, so I can appreciate the many weeks you spend putting them together. These tutorials are how I found your company and convinced me to go the route of your "Starter Pack" to learn about physical computing. I have been programming for decades and have degrees in Mechanical and Aero/Astro engineering, but have never blinked an LED until now. My son and I are going to start building the proto board tonight. His curiosity about robotics was what started this journey. Thanks again!

Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

Thank you muchly for the tutorials.
I actually saw these tutorials before I had an arduino of any kind...now I'm planning on investing LOTS of money into it :lol:
These tutorials are great and thorough, perfect for anyone who has never seen an arduino to someone who knows all about them :D

haveavoice

Post by haveavoice »

I went through all of the start pack tutorials and learned a ton and had a great time. Great job!

greenleaf

Post by greenleaf »

LadyAda:

Huge thank you for the tutorials; I work in the web hosting industry and know how much time it can take to generate and maintain this kind of content. Really grateful for all you've done; the starter pack is fantastic. Don't let the trolls get you down.

best regards,

greenleaf

long_p1

Post by long_p1 »

I also just wanna say a MASSIVE thanks for the tutorials. I worked my way through the first six pretty quick..... started & couldnt stop!
I was following the Beginning Ardunio book but to be honest, while its a great book I've found your examples and explainations fair easier & clearer. I'm a complete newbie to the electronics world but you've got me fully engrossed now!
I cant stop as I keep looking forward at the other tutorials and just wanna give them a bash.

I've also just had to order a soldering iron and kit.... Why are all the fun things expensive!?? :lol: :wink:

Keep up all the great Arduino work.

Thanks

Paul

beanthegascan

Post by beanthegascan »

got my arduino this afternoon !!! gah took me 7 hours but i finished the first 5 tutorials....

thanks ada for all the awesome tutorials :D :D :D

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”