FXSound Board do not work in MAC

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
elko7

FXSound Board do not work in MAC

Post by elko7 »

Hello to all,
six months ago I bought an Audio FXSound Board (16MB). Initially I there were difficulties to work with that board using a mac, so I set it up using windows and everything as perfect. No I am trying to work in another project and there is a mesh again using mac (no I have no access to windows pc).

I have read other posts in the forum related to problems with mac platforms. I don't even understand if the problem stems from the MAC operating system or it is a total failure of the board.

I managed to load the img file using the software balenaEtcher, and it managed to load the img file. The board now has only one file, the T01.ogg but still when I power the board through external power supply and triggering the ports, nothing happens. No sound, the green light always is on and never light the red light. Also, when i am plugging it in the USB port there is a beep from the speakers.

Could you please help with this conflict. I do not even know if there is a MAC related not supported hardware or the board is damaged.
Moreover the board has been purchased 7 months ago, is there any guarantee?

Thanks in advance,
Lefteris.

mikeysklar

Re: FXSound Board do not work in MAC

Post by mikeysklar »

Lefteris,

The AudioFX sound boards do work with MACs.

It sounds as though your board is functional with the speaker beep you are hearing.

A few questions for you:

What color are the LEDs on the board?

When connecting over USB is anything else connected? If so, can you remove all connections so it only a USB cable.

Are you connecting thorugh a USB3 or USB2 port?

Are you using a known good data cable that works with other controllers or storage devices?

The warranty on all Adafruit products is 30 days.

elko7

Post by elko7 »

Mikeysklar thanks for the response.
There is a green led that lights constantly, when I am connecting trigger to ground nothing changed in the leds. I am connecting a usb3 port, via a data cable ( I am programming arduino at the same time with that cable). Moreover, I am connecting RESET port to ground and nothing happens to leds ( may it should change sth, for validating reset..). Finally there is not connected sth else through usb.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Let's focus on the board being discovered by MacOS.

I tried plugging an AudioFX mini into my MacOS Mojave machine both USB2 and USB3 ports and it mounted correctly. Same green light only on.

Which MacOS release are you on?

Which ports on your Mac are you connecting to (keyboard / monitor / laptop side / desktop rear)? Are you using an adapter?
ada fx.png
ada fx.png (492.19 KiB) Viewed 509 times

elko7

Post by elko7 »

I am using mac OS Catalina, to usb3 laptop side. As I said in previous message, the board was working before 6 months in the same computer with the same cable.

"Which ports on your Mac are you connecting to (keyboard / monitor / laptop side / desktop rear)? Are you using an adapter?"

I am connecting to usb port, no other ports are being used, since this is a laptop. No adapter.

Lefteris
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 7.07.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 7.07.18 PM.png (745.44 KiB) Viewed 494 times
Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 7.07.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 7.07.18 PM.png (745.44 KiB) Viewed 494 times

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

It appears the board is showing up via mounting correct on your Ma and the files are all visible that you have uploaded.

When you are powering the board through an external power supply how are you connecting it? Is there anything else connected? Can you show a photo of your setup?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”