Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board AutoPlay at Startup

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
geeksmithing

Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board AutoPlay at Startup

Post by geeksmithing »

Hello! I have the Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board (16MB) with the built in 2x2W Amp.n I am trying to get the board to play a random file automatically when powered up. I followed the schematic at the following link [viewtopic.php?f=22&t=94261] and it mostly works.

It will only play the first of the sequentially named RAND files. [T00RAND0.ogg which go to T00RAND03.ogg] If I attempt to trigger the board normally, without the specialty circuit, it randomizes the files perfectly. Anytime I wire it back up to the linked circuit, it will only play the first file.

I also noticed that if I hold the triggering button down when powering up the board, it does the same thing, not randomizing... Is it not allowing the board logic to fully load before triggering the first in the sequence?

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks so much!!

dastels

Re: Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board AutoPlay at Startup

Post by dastels »

That circuit is overkill. All that's needed is a ~10uF capacitor between the trigger (+ side) and ground. The built-in pullup will take care of charging the capacitor.

As for the randomization (or lack thereof) issue, my thought is that it's a bug in the audioboard firmware.

Dave

geeksmithing

Post by geeksmithing »

That does indeed make it autoplay when powered up. That's great! But yeah, the randomization part still doesn't work. Can I use a larger value capacitor, an inline resistor or anything else to further delay the trigger signal from making that connection to ground?

Thank you so much for the prompt reply btw, I appreciate it!

gwelfare

Post by gwelfare »

Sorry to hijack this post, but I have a similar question. I have the same soundboard, but it is the 2MB version. I am trying to have a sound clip play when my Micro Switch Zippy 3 terminal button is released. I thought I had it wired correctly, but no sound came out. I am assuming that I need a wire from the NC terminal and the Com Terminal. Where should those connect to the board? Also, do you need two speakers for the L and R output, or is only one ok?

Thanks,

Garrett

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”