Cannot replace files on Audio FX Sound Board

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mi_tech

Cannot replace files on Audio FX Sound Board

Post by mi_tech »

I'm using the Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board + 2x2W Amp - WAV/OGG Trigger. I dowloaded demo tracks (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-aud ... udio-files) and everything played as expected. But when I transfer my custom wav-files (deleted the existing ones) the old ones are still played. In the Finder-window (I'm using OS X El Capitan) I can see my new files on the board (and nothing else), but still when I trigger the audio, I get the old sounds. Any ideas?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Cannot replace files on Audio FX Sound Board

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Empty the Trash before you eject the FX Board.

None of the GUI operating systems delete files outright, they just move them to a hidden folder named Trash (or Recycle Bin) to give people a second chance if they decide they tossed the wrong thing.

The FX Board's firmware isn't smart enough to know about hidden folders. It just scans the file tree looking for files with the right names, and it will find the original files first as long as they're still present.

Emptying the Trash actually removes the files from the file tree.

mi_tech

Re: Cannot replace files on Audio FX Sound Board

Post by mi_tech »

Thanks! That did the trick. From now on I am transferring files using a Windows 10 computer instead. However, I ran into another issue. I have a file that I want to loop and I named it T00HOLDL.wav. As mentioned in the F.A.Q. I have a short delay between the loops even though my files does not have that. I cleaned out all the other files on the card but I still get the delay. I downloaded the win32diskimager and the compressed 16MB image in order to burn a new image (as described here https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-aud ... isk-images). However, when I ran the diskimager tool I tried to first Verify Only and got the error message "Verification failed at sector: 0". Now I'm afraid that writing the new image will ruin the card for good. Any ideas?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”