Problem with Arduboy

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mbalaun

Problem with Arduboy

Post by mbalaun »

I just received an Arduboy from Adafruit. It powers up and plays the default game it shipped with quite nicely. But when trying to load new software onto it, it will not show up.

I've tried two different computers (linux and win10), and two different USB cables (the one it shipped with, and another one I had for my Android device). I've put the latest version of the Arduino IDE software on both computers, added the necessary account permissions to myself for accessing serial devices, followed the FAQ from the Arduboy website, but nothing shows up when plugging the Arduboy in. In the Arduino software, with Arduino Leonardo selected, the "port" menu remains grayed out. On the linux machine, there is no dmesg output when plugging the Arduboy in, which tells me the Arduboy itself is probably defective. I do get dmesg output when plugging the Android in. The cables both seem to work fine when plugging in the Android device I have. Of the LEDs on the Arduboy, only the red light lights up when the unit is plugged in. The green and yellow(?) LEDs never light up.

If there's anything else to try, or any other information I should post, please let me know, otherwise I think I've got a bad unit, stuck playing Sirene and nothing else :(

Franklin97355

Re: Problem with Arduboy

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you asked over in the Arduboy forums?

mbalaun

Post by mbalaun »

I'd emailed them through their "contact us" page a couple days ago, still no response. I'll try their forums, too. If it is a dead unit, do they replace it or does adafruit?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

We would take care of it and get you the replacement.

mbalaun

Post by mbalaun »

Resolved. Definitely user error. Switching the unit on before plugging the USB cable in is required. Missed that step somehow.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”