Wifi capabilities for Arduino Uno

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
anauarc

Wifi capabilities for Arduino Uno

Post by anauarc »

Hi.
I am kind of a newbie trying to start off with a project using arduino. I've done a couple of things back in the day with my arduino Uno, so I'm familiar with the general concept, but still much to learn.

This new project involves wireless communication between the cloud and my arduino device, who's gonna be sending some data recolected by thermal sensors (probably a D6T thermal sensor, I2C comms).
However, I found out that the official arduino Wifi shield is no longer supported. So searching on the webs, I found these guys in the adafruit shop: The two firsts being shields and the last one a peripheral

The question here is: which product would you recommend me for my project, based on arduino Uno?
Reading the product description of both shields it seems that they are incompatible with Arduino Uno. However, I'm not quite sure if the description is refering strictly to the "Atmel-supplied library" not being compatible with "Arduinos such as 328P", or the shield as a whole.
In case #1 and #2 are not an option for me, is #3 a good choice? Wouldn't it make conflict with the ports used by the D6T thermal sensor attached to the board? (sensor info https://co.mouser.com/new/omronelectronics/omron-d6t/)

Thanks in advance.

Desertgeek

Re: Wifi capabilities for Arduino Uno

Post by Desertgeek »

I have the same question: I've been playing with my UNO for about a year. I also see that the original WiFi shield is discontinued and that the current offerings are not compatible with UNO. What options do I have to add WiFi capability to my UNO?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”