Custom images on Hallowing TFT

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chrisinsingapore2011

Custom images on Hallowing TFT

Post by chrisinsingapore2011 »

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the instructions under "Loading and Using Images from RAM" from this guide: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gfx ... ing-images. I'm trying it with the Hallowing and onboard TFT. In the top of the program I have (along with the other instructions for the TFT - which is working fine, and called display in my program):
#include <Adafruit_ImageReader.h> // Image-reading functions
Adafruit_ImageReader reader; // Class w/image-reading functions
Adafruit_Image img;
ImageReturnCode stat;

and then in the setup loop I have:
stat = reader.loadBMP("/logo.bmp", img);
reader.printStatus(stat);
img.draw(display, 1, 1);

When I run the terminal to see the printStatus, it says "File Not Found." The description for the filename argument says "A filename, same rules as the previous functions.". The previous functions described in the learn refer to loading images from the SD card so the path is relative to the SD card. In this case however, this is loading the image at compilation time I assume? I have the logo.bmp file sitting in the same folder as the ino for this program which must be the wrong location.

What is the correct filename format to find the file or alternatively, where should I store the file so the library finds it? I've tried full path, /, \, and no slash.

Thanks
Chris

pburgess

Re: Custom images on Hallowing TFT

Post by pburgess »

What combo exactly are you using? Since HalloWing doesn't have a microSD card slot. AdaLogger FeatherWing? Something else?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”