OLED 128x32

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
randalstout

OLED 128x32

Post by randalstout »

I've used a screen recently with my Arduino which is an LCD that is 20 characters by 4 lines. In order to navigate on the screen, I know that you can use the SETCURSOR(X, Y) command. With the LCD it works perfectly.

With the OLED screen, such as the 128x32 or 128x64, they don't seem to work the same. It appears that the SETCURSOR may be scaled by the pixel or something. Has anyone mapped this out? Do I need to decide which line I want by knowing that the characters are certain pixels wide by certain pixels tall and then using that plus 2 pixels to get to a certain line on the screen?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,
Randal

adafruit_support_carter

Re: OLED 128x32

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

They are different displays in general.

The LCD one is a character display - it has 4 rows of 20 characters. Since it is dedicated to character display, it has a set of function to facilitate that. And since the locations are very limited and specific, they can be called out in terms of "column" and "row" location.

The OLED is a graphic display, it is 128 x 32 pixels. It doesn't have any built in text or character display capability. It just displays pixels. So any text capability will be some form of graphics library which might have different commands and behavior.

For Arduino, that is the GFX Library:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gfx ... y/overview
and the set cursor:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gfx ... -text-3-24
is done in terms of pixel location.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”