T4 Receiver acting like a momentary receiver - Again
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

T4 Receiver acting like a momentary receiver - Again

by TinoLlama on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:47 pm

Hello,

I recently made a forum post (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=154458&p=762038#p762038 ) detailing how toggle type receiver I ordered was acting like a momentary one. I was redirected to customer service and after an astonishingly short amount of time, a new receiver was delivered to me. Unfortunately, this receiver also appears to have the same issues as the previous one, and I have no clue why this may be the case. Could the issue lie with the one button remote? I have posted a video below showing the issues, the first receiver being the original one and the second is the newer one

https://youtu.be/ebCwkvQossY

Thank you very much

TinoLlama

Re: T4 Receiver acting like a momentary receiver - Again

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:58 am

My first guess would have been a mix-up in inventory. But in your video, we can clearly see the "T4" marking on the chip. I'll check with our QA folks and see if maybe we can reproduce that with a unit from stock.

adafruit_support_bill

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:18 pm

It appears your LED is connected to the VT pin on the receiver. Try one of the Dx pins.

The single button key fob remote appears to activate the D2 pin of the T4 receiver.

The VT pin indicates Valid Transmission. Its behavior is different than the Dx pins. It will stay lit as long as the receiver sees a valid signal from the key fob.

adafruit_support_carter

by TinoLlama on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:27 pm

That seems to have done the trick!

Thank you very much for the fast reply

TinoLlama

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.