๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday January 20, 2020 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday January 17 will go out Tuesday January 21 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

Troubleshooting Adafruit Micro SD breakout board
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Troubleshooting Adafruit Micro SD breakout board

by AKarsay on Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:00 am

Hello, I recently purchased a MicroSD card breakout board from Adafruit and I am having a hard time using it. This is the first time that I have tried to use something like this and also the first time that I have soldered onto a board like this. That being said, I am not sure if I somehow messed something up when I did said soldering. All I have tried to do with it is run the CardInfo sketch after following the tutorial with no luck. I have the "SD.h" library installed and when I search for the "SPI.h" library it just shows the SD library I was not able to find it? I just assumed that it was maybe auto downloaded when I originally downloaded the Arduino IDE since the file complied with no errors. Also I did remember to change the CS pin to 10 since that was what the tutorial was using. Using 4 did not change the result. I am using an Arduino Uno with version 1.8.7 of the IDE. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. :)
Attachments
SD_Soldering.jpg
SD_Soldering.jpg (877.05 KiB) Viewed 157 times
SD_Wiring.jpg
SD_Wiring.jpg (982.34 KiB) Viewed 157 times

AKarsay

Re: Troubleshooting Adafruit Micro SD breakout board

by dastels on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:27 pm

Your solder joints look very suspect. Check the tutorial here https://learn.adafruit.com/collins-lab-soldering for a technique refresher. The solder joints is always the first thing I check and double check when there is a problem.

Dave

dastels

Re: Troubleshooting Adafruit Micro SD breakout board

by AKarsay on Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:40 pm

Thanks for the advice! I watched the video and learned the right way to solder components, was still not working properly so I came to the conclusion that I had messed up the board when I originally soldered it. New board just arrived in the mail soldered it the right way and boom it seems to be working fine. Thank you again!

AKarsay

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.