Question on SPI connection of RA8875 + Sd Card

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pmh

Question on SPI connection of RA8875 + Sd Card

Post by pmh »

Try to get those parts working together: Arduino Due, Micro SD-Card breakout reader, RA8875 Touch Display Driver Board and 5.0" 40-pin 800x480 TFT Display without Touchscreen all from Adafruit
I am using the example ra8875_bitmap_fast. Since Arduino Due is supporting only the SPI interface and only Chip Select on digital 4, 10 and 52 I modified the SPI settings accordingly.
The sketch runs and on the serial monitor I read:
initialization done.
RA8875 start
Found RA8875
(800, 480)

Loading image 'parrot.bmp'
File size:
Image Offset: 54
Header size: 40
Bit Depth: 24
Image size: 128x160
Loaded in 1368 ms

The TFT gives a very brief flash but no picture.
I read an old blog “The RA8875 does not tri-state the MISO pin, it should not share that pin with any other SPI device (including an SD card reader) without the use of a 74HC125 or similar”
Is it still valid for RA8875 bought in July 2021? If yes please tell me where to find the pinout/schematic diagram for this. I want to connect a third module (a DAB shield from dabshield.com) afterwhile. Thanks Michael
Attachments
SPI_Interface_Due.png
SPI_Interface_Due.png (24.58 KiB) Viewed 659 times

pmh

Re: Question on SPI connection of RA8875 + Sd Card

Post by pmh »

Hello,
some hints in case anybody has the same problem:
- Check first the connections, I had problems with cheap cable connectors
- You will need an addtional power supply as the Arduino Due does not provide enough current to RA8875 + TFT. Don't forget to connect both ground together. Please not that I suplly the power for Due thrue the USB connector.
- After those things were fixed both sketch to display Text and Bitmap work well
- But I add a DAB Shield to the project and the communication thrue SPI does not work. I am investigating further.

--> Does anybody had to tri-state the MISO pin? As it was told in this forum a few year ago. If yes could you please share your experince and told us how you did it?
Chears

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”