Monochrome 1.12" 128x128 OLED Graphic Display 12V boost conv

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tonilanger

Monochrome 1.12" 128x128 OLED Graphic Display 12V boost conv

Post by tonilanger »

Hi, a few days ago I purchased the Monochrome 1.12" 128x128 OLED Graphic Display. The package arrived yesterday in the mail, without damage from the transport. Of course I immediately hooked it up to an Arduino with the test sketch and... whats that? The display dims drastically as soon as roughly 33% of the pixels light up. It also flickers while the rest of the test sketch animations are shown. So checked the 5V supply, which held itself rock solid at 4,95V. So I thought, ,,...the logic doesn't seem to bee affected (animations itself are shown as they are supposed to), maybe its the boost converter". So I attached a probe wire to the cathode of the diode behind the output pin and measured the output voltage while the sketch was running. And correct, in idle the voltage hovers at 12V to 13V but as soon as the sketch starts it breaks down to as low as 5.3V . I also fed 12V over the same wire into the display from an external power supply, the display then works flawless. So the display does seem to have come with a defect boost converter. Is there any way that I could get a replacement? Thank You.

Toni L.

mikeysklar

Re: Monochrome 1.12" 128x128 OLED Graphic Display 12V boost

Post by mikeysklar »

@tonilanger,

Okay, I appreciate the troubleshooting and summary. Let's try a replacement. Please e-mail [email protected] with your invoice# and a link to this forum thread when requesting the replacement.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”