How to use CAP 1188 without Arduino

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Robert1188

How to use CAP 1188 without Arduino

Post by Robert1188 »

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project including the CAP 1188 as well as a bluetooth-decoder (XY-BT-L).
My problem is as follows:
I want to trigger the mechanical buttons on the bluetooth-decoder via capacitive touch on the CAP 1188.
The voltage supply works perfectly. Nevertheless, considering my knowledge about Arduino and coding in general, I am reliant on a Arduino UNO for the data transfer via I²C with the CAP 1188.
Now my question: Is it possible to use the CAP and the bluetooth-decoder autonomously from the Arduino to reduce electronic components? (I was thinking about holding the signal on the CAP 1188, if this is possible?!) Further, I, unfortunately, do not have a specific data-sheet for the bluetooth-decoder. Thus, I also do not know where exactly the input pins are located on the bluetooth-decoder.

It would be great if someone could help me.

Many thanks in advance!

dastels

Re: How to use CAP 1188 without Arduino

Post by dastels »

No. The CAP1188 is an I2C/SPI device and needs to be operated by a microcontroller. The UNO is a rather large/clunky one by today's standards. If you want something smaller have a look at the QTPy https://www.adafruit.com/product/4600.

You could get rid of the Bluetooth thing as well and use a QTPy ESP32-S3 https://www.adafruit.com/product/5426. That board supports 5 cap touch inputs on its own without other components, so if 5 is enough for you, all you need is the QTPY ESP32-S3.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”